Friday, November 18, 2005

 

In the Process of Adding Pictures and Updating...

Okay. I really am trying hard to keep up with this blog...after all, there is SOOOO much that I have the opportunity to do and see here in Mbarara. And of course, you know how much I love sharing it all with you, it's just that I'm staying SO busy! (I really think that everyone who said I would have so much free time was LYING!)

I guess I forgot how much time it takes to teach full-time! I think I subconsciously thought that since I was only teaching 4 days a week (and a total of 20 hours), I would have TONS of free time. But everything here takes longer and requires planning WELL in advance (you know, since I can't just run to make copies in the office during a lunch break or something). You all know me...I am NOT a "plan-in-advance" kind of girl (at least in terms of school stuff)...and I tend to procrastinate. But I think this is becoming a good learning experience for me because I am being forced to plan and prepare more in advance for things--specifically school and meals!

PLUS, in terms of school, I think having less time and fewer students to teach, I am spending MORE time planning for activities to keep them all engaged and to cover all the material in a fun and QUICK way. And, no offense to any secondary teachers, I do think prep for elementary teachers is a little more time consuming than teaching the same thing 6 times a day!

Anyhow, gotta run. Check back soon and check out some of my new pictures. More of those to come soon too!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?