Friday, February 17, 2006

 

Kids say the darndest things...

So, in a journal entry, one non-English speaking student of mine wrote about how much she enjoyed our Folk Lore unit, where we kept all our papers in a "blindfold" and turned them in at the end of the unit.


We've recently been working on complete sentences, run-ons and of course fragments. They had to determine which each was, and then correct if necessary. The "sentence" was:

Although the fish were biting.

One student said, "That's a fragment. So I changed it to, 'Although the fish were biting us."

Another student said, "Although the fish were biting us, we told them to stop fighting."
A second try was, "Although the fish were biting, they were not angry."

Comments:
Beth, You are a true inspiration to me. I only dream of doing what you are actually living. You're in my prayers and maybe one day I can live my dream. Continue doing great work. Love, Sherry Rushing aka Hampton from Trenton C of C.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?