Monday, March 20, 2006

 

50%

Well, I'm sure you all know that we only have power about 50% of the time. (I think I've told almost everyone by now!) We lose power from about 6 pm until about 6 pm the following day. It has posed some problems, mainly with things like keeping the food in the fridge cold, not to mention cooking. I guess that in the past 2 1/2 months of this, I've gotten into a little routine.

On power out school mornings, I eat cereal and get use the Bakers' boiled water to make my coffee in a french press. (THANK YOU STARBUCKS AND MOM AND DAD FOR THE GIFT LAST CHRISTMAS...and I suppose Aaron Pishalski for introducing it to me!) Lunch on these days is usally cold leftovers or a sandwich or salad. Mornings where I'm NOT rushed off to school, I will usually heat water over the fire out back for coffee and sometimes I'll even cook eggs (or one time French toast) out there...but then I have to fight Quesa, our dog, for the food I'm cooking!

The biggest change I've had to make is being even MORE of an advanced planner (which is hard for me to begin with!). For example, copies, printing things in town, laundry, even rationing our hot water from the hot water tank! But I guess there are always adjustments to be made....right?

About a week ago, for a way to spend the day (since there was no power), my roommates and I went to the Tea Plantation after church just to get some solitude and quiet time--away from our house. It was great! I took a blanket and some pillows and listened to music and read (and even did some school work!). Overall, it was such a great time to rest and "get away"!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?