Sunday, March 19, 2006

 

Some Re-caps of Debbie's visit (more detail about the 40 new pictures I just posted)

So I just posted lots of pictures from Debbie's visit way back in December. (BE SURE TO CHECK THEM OUT AT: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bethellent/my_photos )

The first one is really blurry, but it's the only one I have of her arriving at the Entebbe airport. I made Lori guess which person arriving was my sister. I don't know if I waited long enough for Lori to make a guess, because when I was saw her come out, I was so excited that I just got a huge grin on my face and started walking around the other people to get to her.

The next few are in Jinja, from right after we went rafting. It was so pretty there. After we went rafting, Spencer took us to the source of the Nile River, and it was just beautiful. The sun was setting, and it suddenly started pouring. The next morning we had a few minutes to look around the Source Cafe (also where they hold church) in Jinja. The woodcarvings and decor was beautiful!

Some of the other random pictures are of Debbie riding a piki piki (pronounced "peachy-peachy"). Of course, I was taking the picture while I was either rideing in front of or behind her on my own piki piki. There are a couple of pictures of some dancers that we were trying to see at Lakeview when we went there for lunch, but they were SO late, we ended up having to leave as they were coming out so that we could make it to Lake Mburu and back before dark.

We spent a LOT of time with the Bakers. We took the kids to the pool one day and even played the "Big Red Challenge" with them....you know, you lick the back of the Big Red wrapper and then stick it to your forehead. It sure does burn, but that's the challenge--to see who can stand hte heat the longest. I think Hannah won! We also tasted grasshoppers at the Bakers. One of their workers, Kama Kama, fried them up for us. They weren't so bad--tasted somehow like bacon. Thinking about what we were eating too much was not good though.

Sword and Soccer is another fun thing that Debbie got to participate in here. Every Saturday, team and neighborhood kids show up at our compound to play soccer. Then Terri teaches them a little Bible lesson.

For Christmas (and I'll probably do another post about Christmas in general, along with some more Christmas pictures), our team has SO MANY visitors. We had a team Christmas party with a White Elephant gift exchange and a cookie exchange. Debbie was able to be here for all of this. She even helped to make all sorts of fancy Christmas cookies to contribute to it!

Okay, I think that about covers the 40 pictures I just posted about Debbie's visit. I do have several other posts/photo albums in mind that I will try to post in the next week or two. . . or not, since I'm heading out to Mbale next week for quarterly meeting.

So, stay tuned for stuff about Mweya, the ladies' ministries, the aggies interns, and more!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?