Monday, April 17, 2006

 

Easter

For Easter, the Glissons hosted an early morning Missionary Fellowship. We met at 6:30 am for a sunrise service, followed by a time of fellowship and FOOD, of course! It really was a great time, even though it was pretty early. One thought that Scott shared was how we were celebrating Jesus' resurrection, and coming out of a time of darkness into the light and even more importantly, a new life! It just hit me and made sense why we were choosing to get up so early for a sunrise service...

After that, I went to town church, where I sang 2 new songs with the "choir." Lori has been trying to teach the Ugandans to sing in 4-part harmony and I was needed to help with the tenor--of all parts! I think things went well and God was praised! Service was much shorter than normal, getting out at 12:15! So I joined the Bakers for lunch at Agip. After lunch we went to the new building site. The progress they are making there is AMAZING! (If you want to see it, you can check out: http://www.ankolemission.com/bldgblog.htm)

I went home and had a nice little nap--my first in MONTHS! At first, I felt a little bad because power was on and I was feeling like I needed to do some things that involve power (laundry, for example). But, I gave in and decided to just have a day of rest!!!

Around 5 pm, I went to the Bakers, where Lori, David, and Sarah also joined us for an Easter egg hunt. After the kids found the eggs, they hid them for Jay, Andrea, Lori and I to find. It was fun! Then we made tacos for dinner, which we got to enjoy in candlelight, because the power went out.

When I walked home, the sky was clear and beautiful with so many stars. Everything was quiet, except the wind blowing through the palm tree leaves and the night insects and birds (and the occasional barking of the Bakers' dogs!). A little while later, it got a little cloudy, but the moon started to rise in the sky and lit the night quite wonderfully. I tried to get some pictures of it. Some don't look TOO bad, but unfortunately they don't even come close to capturing the beauty that I was blessed to witness.

Overall, the Lord blessed my Easter with a beautiful sunrise, meaningful worship, peaceful relaxation, and great friends throughout the day. Hope yours was just as wonderful!

p.s. I've tried about 8 times to upload some pictures, but the internet seems to be temperamental....so I'll just try again tomorrow!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?