Sunday, December 03, 2006

 

Boys' Slumber Party

Well, to be fair to the boys in school, we had a slumber party for boys only last week. In attendance was Curt and James Baker, Luke Fouts, David Earles and Jae Kim. We started the night out with a "puzzle" that they had to solve. (They were tied together with string and had to figure out how to separate themselves without breaking the string or untying it!) It was a lot of fun for them and very helpful for me to be able to be in the kitchen making supper without worrying about who was wrestling with whom or doing other typical "boy" things and hurting themselves or destroying Terri's house.

After a yummy pizza supper, the boys worked in teams to build structures by rolling newspapers. Their goal was to make the biggest, sturdiest structure possible. They seemed to really enjoy this too. AND, they were very creative once they saw I was taking pictures. We spent nearly an hour (after the building contest), posing for pictures that would "tell a story"! Be sure to check out the pictures I've posted online at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethellen/

(*I'm intentionally NOT including any pictures in the email because I know that it is difficult for some people to receive such large emails!)

After cleaning up all the newspaper (and I apologize to parents because I think several of their newspaper "swords" went home), we went outside and played flashlight hide and go seek. (Yes, we did put on bug spray!) A couple of the kids ran up and scared the Fouts and Grandma and Big Daddy in the midst of our game. Livingstone, my worker, thought we were crazy, running around in the dark with flashlights! But it was loads of fun.

The boys were very diligent in brushing teeth and getting ready for bed. Then we watched "The Rookie,"during which I sort of fell asleep on the couch until I got a phone call from America. My sister convinced me to let them watch ANOTHER movie...so then they watched "Spy Kids." The boys were much more talkative during the movie than the girls and they were thrilled that they were up later than the girls! They finally crashed out around 2 a.m I think.

I was sort of surprised that I was the first one up at 8:30, but the boys got up soon thereafter. We had a delicious breakfast of eggs, hashbrowns, fruit smoothies, banana bread, hot chocolate (they had to be like the girls!)...

Overall, a great time was had by all! Remember to check out the pictures!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?